PLEASE NOTE: Our Daily Lunches continue with bag lunches only, distributed between 11:30 AM until Noon.
Our Feeding Ministry also continues with a new Food Pantry, from which we distributed groceries to needy people. It is essential of recipients to call and schedule a time for the pickup as well as what is needed, such as the number of people in the immediate family.
We have a wonderful gift of great and beautiful buildings that are being underutilized. We would be happy to lease our Sanctuary and/or Parish Hall to a small or mid-sized congregation on weekends starting at noon and continuing into the evening. Please spread the word that we would like to expand the use of these magnificent buildings to spread God's message into the world as part of our overall outreach ministry.
NEW Memory Walk - we are open for business! Behind the Church we are enabling
people to participate in our Pavers' Walk Project. Visit www.polarengraving.com/
Christchurchoframapo and reserve a paver. The stone are 4" by 8" and 8" by 8", the first requriing a $100 donation and the seond a $250 donation. You may dedicate it for a loved one, a pet or even a cause or create a custom stone.
1) Feeding Ministry - seven days a week, we feed those who are hungry. We ask no questions and have no restrictions. Six days of the week the lunches now are bagged and distributed. Additionally, we give generously of donated food from local bakeries and grocery stores. We also have a commercial kitchen with two ovens, two stoves, five refrigerator freezers and four additional freezers, including one that is a walk-in. In particular, we thank Episcopal Charities, The Masonic Trust of Suffern, Retired Teachers of Ramapo Cental and JPMorganChase. Donations may be sent directly to the Church. In addition we get significant contributions from the employees of Macy, Macy's Foundation.
We appreciate the generosity of all contributors to our Feeding Ministries, but especially to the generosity of the following major donors:
Charitable Trust Mason Guild of Suffern
Retired Teachers of Suffern Schools
Macy’s Foundation and employees
Suffern Lions Club
Rotary Club of Suffern
We always are looking for enthusiastic, flexible volunteers to prepare food, cook, serve, clean and offer friendly service to our guests. If interested, please contact Kitty Nash.
2) Exceptionally Large Thrift Ministry - We have rooms stocked with first-rate clothing, housewares and furniture available at extremely low cost to those who are in need. In desperate cases, we give them materials that they might need. The Thrift Ministries are open from 10 AM until 2 PM on Tuesdays and Saturdays and are served by dedicated volunteers. WE NOW ARE OPENING ON THURSDAY EVENINGS from 4:30 PM until 7:30 PM.
We are always in need of friendly, honest people who want to donate time to assist in the Thrift Ministries. We have positions for those who would like to sort, price, distribute and sell clothing and housewares. Housewares has been refurnished and redecorated and it is greatly improved.
3) Animal Ministry - each week we collect food, blankets, leashes, paper towels, bleach and anything that our local no-kill shelter can use. Donations are always welcomed.
4) Alcoholics Anonymous - our local group meets Mondays at 7 PM in the Parish Hall.
5) Worship Opportunities - we always need and encourage to serve God in his Sanctuary by joining the choir, ushers, readers, acolytes or studying to become a Eucharistic Minister, assisting the Rector in Home and Hospital Communions.
6) Building and Grounds - with three and a half acres of prime city real estate and a huge plant plus two additional houses, much always needs to be done. Our grounds and gardens are gorgeous but in need to cultivation, pruning, trimming, etc. This is done by members of the parish who have worked hard to make it such a lovely spot in Suffern.
7) Office Assistance - perfect for someone who is retired, we need people to staff the phones, type, fold, staple and above all direct people to their destination as they enter the office entrance.
8) We are willing to allow others to use our Pairsh Hall for a donation, pending basic requirements and lack of conflict of times. In addition, to our neighbors, we have parking available, for a fee, for anyone wishing a space in order to walk to the train (3 -5 minutes walk). In either case, please contact the Rector for details.
9) Ministry for God's Healing and Prayers for those who have gone through the Gates of Larger Life.
If you wish to donate to the General Ministries of Christ Church, please open the following link:
If you wish to donate to the Church's Ministry or in particular our Feeding Ministry, please open the following link:
email the Rector at: